🏆 Earn Community Points — Earn 5 points for each qualifying review, reply, or new thread of at least 10 words, up to 50 points per thread each month. You cannot post consecutive replies to yourself.
I quite enjoyed this, the last 30 minutes very much a lean forward in your seat, locked in experience.
Nice to see Spielberg and Williams combo still has some tricks 50 years on, hopefully they have a few more in them. Some genuinely fun movie magic moments here. Blunt especially good.
4k and audio is high quality, serves the story well, watch on the biggest screen you have.
Not one of Spielberg's prime offerings from a storytelling perspective, but Blunt is charismatic and worth the watch. Unfortunately the concept behind the movie gets shortchanged in it's handling.
Although I'm happy for Josh O. and Colman, I wanted more from the story. This is the Steven that leans more puerile than mature. There's very little going on here regarding alien encounters, Area 51 and government conspiracy that we haven't seen or read about before. I'd prefer Steven bring all of his considerable filmmaking aplomb to the story that begins where this one ends.
Been close to pressing play several times but somehow something else always make it above this one. Other reviews like yours has been helpful. Will someday watch it...just not sure when.