🏆 Earn Community Points — Earn 5 points for each qualifying review, reply, or new thread of at least 10 words, up to 50 points per thread each month. You cannot post consecutive replies to yourself.
I thought the premise of this movie is interesting and the solution to why our sun is dying was creative as is the friendship that develops during the exploration. The reason I gave 2 stars is I could not stand the execution. It seemed that there were several goofy scenes added to broaden audience appeal but to me this just really extended the runtime of the movie and really made the plot development drag.
Completely get your feedback. Ryan's humor is an acquired taste for some. For me, he always makes me laugh so I have a soft spot. Did enjoy it and would recommend.
The Movie does a fairly good job of covering the basics of the book in a very short timeframe. Gosling makes the trip charming and Rocky is a fun opposite in this success for non-franchise film making
Project Hail Mary was fantastic. Ryan Gosling and Sandra Hüller absolutely killed it, and somehow Rocky the space rock nearly stole the whole movie. 😂 Funny, exciting, surprisingly emotional, and just a great sci-fi ride. Amaze, amaze, amaze!
Anonymous
Aug 3, 2026
Movie★★★★★5.0
Picture★★★★★5.0
Sound★★★★★5.0
Extras★★★★★5.0
If you liked the Martian you’ll like this movie. Same family friendly feeling and humor to it. Written by the same author. Ended up watching it twice.
Still waiting for my copy. I didn't love the Martian. I thought it was going to be terrible, but was pleasantly surprised. Still didn't love it though so you've got me worried about PHM.