Community Poll
For the ultimate home theater, which would you choose?
Loading Community stats...
Poll Summary
🗳️ 96 Votes💬 31 Comments👍 3 Likes👁 622 Views
🏆 Earn Community Points: Qualifying comments of at least 10 words earn 5 points each, up to 50 comment points per poll, per month.
Cast Your Vote
Large OLED / Flat-Screen TV
96 votes total
RA
Loading Community stats...
🗳️ Voted: Projector + Large Screen
I'm fortunate to have both, Hands down the my Movie theater wins in most applications for the best experience. However, depending on the movie sometimes i prefer the living room as a family. However, in the next few years keep an eye out for video walls. I work in the AV industry and they are gaining traction, as you can assemble them in the house and give you full wall display.
Loading Community stats...
🗳️ Voted: Projector + Large Screen
I voted Projector too but lately I've been feeling it's not dynamic enough. OLED contrast and dynamic range is so good. When I saw Odyssey at the theaters, the picture just felt flat. Probably did not help that I thought the movie was flat too...lol!
PA
Loading Community stats...
🗳️ Voted: Large OLED / Flat-Screen TV
The color depth on OLED can't be beat and generally feels more versatile
CO
Community Member•Aug 31, 2026, 4:21 PM
Loading Community stats...
🗳️ Voted: Projector + Large Screen
I own both but my 120" projector/screen with 7.1.2 wins hands down.
IL
Loading Community stats...
🗳️ Voted: Large OLED / Flat-Screen TV
i have a 75 in 4k love it
someone said to me( a woman why do you have a 75 inch tv
i said i am a man lol
RE
Loading Community stats...
🗳️ Voted: Projector + Large Screen
I have a JVC NZ-9 projector with MadVR and the picture is really fantastic even at 150 inches. However, the absolute best is micro led like AWALL. I am so considering adding this as the picture is huge and will blow away ANY projector.
Loading Community stats...
🗳️ Voted: Projector + Large Screen
Nice, is this out now? Micro led like AWALL? Sounds amazing!
BE
Loading Community stats...
🗳️ Voted: Large OLED / Flat-Screen TV
I prefer a tv because I live in an apartment and there is only so much I can do to darken it. Objectively a projector is technically better because you can put the speakers behind the screen but I think unless you are going 110+ inches then a tv is probably a better option for most people.
CO
Community Member•Sep 3, 2026, 4:22 PM
Loading Community stats...
🗳️ Voted: Large OLED / Flat-Screen TV
Not sure why I need a dated projector . I want quality!! I have 4K. Now they do make OLED rolled up screens. I'd go for that but that's a huge screen... It's no projector..
Loading Community stats...
🗳️ Voted: Projector + Large Screen
I have a TV and it's great for my set-up, but I would like to experience owning a projector some day.
CO
Community Member•Sep 4, 2026, 10:24 PM
Loading Community stats...
🗳️ Voted: Projector + Large Screen
Projector all the way. Much more cinematic, easier on the eyes, and it simply looks better.
Loading Community stats...
🗳️ Voted: Projector + Large Screen
A projector adds an organic feeling a communal feeling a tv rarely or never does. plus ya can take a projector outside an impress everyone, i have an older one that perfectly projects 4 by 3 massive. looks soooooo good
Loading Community stats...
🗳️ Voted: Projector + Large Screen
I use both. OLED provides a better picture, but the size of a big screen with a projector just feels more cinematic.
CO
Community Member•Sep 8, 2026, 12:43 PM
Loading Community stats...
🗳️ Voted: Large OLED / Flat-Screen TV
Adding a screen (pull down) and a projector to the ceiling is too much work! Also, OLEDs have better pictures.
CH
Loading Community stats...
🗳️ Voted: Large OLED / Flat-Screen TV
I'm waiting for the Dolby Vision 2 coming to RGB mini tvs this year before I crown a king.
MO
Loading Community stats...
🗳️ Voted: Large OLED / Flat-Screen TV
Over the last few years, I've been greatly enjoying my 83" LG C1 OLED with 7.2 surround system. It's not perfect technology (yet), some dark scenes like in The Green Knight are absolutely brutal on the display (screen door effect, banding, etc.) but still overall I think the perfect blacks and beautiful colors outweigh the cons.
Loading Community stats...
🗳️ Voted: Projector + Large Screen
Wow, this race is turning out closer than I thought. Was thinking projector would be 70/30.
Loading Community stats...
🗳️ Voted: Projector + Large Screen
I went from 65 to 77.
Thank goodness I did and went for an oled. No regrets, the darks are infinite and the colors are amazing.
NU
Loading Community stats...
🗳️ Voted: Large OLED / Flat-Screen TV
For my room (about 12 x 16) which is darker, HVAC and blackout curtain controlled which necessary, a large high-quality OLED TV is ideal.
CO
Community Member•Sep 14, 2026, 5:36 PM
Loading Community stats...
🗳️ Voted: Projector + Large Screen
If you have the room and budget, you won't beat the experience of an in-home theatre. 4k laser and impressive Atmos playback is a treat. Better than many theatres. I blew an absurd amount of scratch on mine and I have a hard time leaving the room! Needless to say, I rent a ton of discs on here!
Loading Community stats...
🗳️ Voted: Projector + Large Screen
"If you have the room and budget, you won't beat the experience of an in-home theatre. 4k laser and impressive Atmos playback is a treat. Better than many theatres. I blew an absurd amount of scratch on mine and I have a hard time leaving the room! Needless to say, I rent a ton of discs on here!"
LOL, hope you don't mind me asking. What was the budget 😊?
CO
Community Member•Sep 15, 2026, 4:23 PM
Loading Community stats...
🗳️ Voted: Large OLED / Flat-Screen TV
For me, its all about that viewing angle so it depends on the sitting distance or size of room. Small room OLED, large room projector. Amazing that projectors have come such a long way that we can even have this conversation.
TO
Loading Community stats...
🗳️ Voted: Projector + Large Screen
I can't STAND DSE on my panel. I'd much rather have a projector and screen.
CO
Community Member•Sep 18, 2026, 5:54 AM
Loading Community stats...
🗳️ Voted: Projector + Large Screen
For a true "theater" experience, to me this only equates to complete immersion. This means a screen so large only a projector is appropriate, and a light controlled room free of other distractions and able to properly image surround or spatial audio. Full stop. OLED has its place - when a light controlled room is not possible or practical. For a bar or sports there's no question. But for theater / cinema ... that's 100% in the projector realm.
CO
Community Member•Sep 20, 2026, 3:07 PM
Loading Community stats...
🗳️ Voted: Large OLED / Flat-Screen TV
OLED and a great 5.1 speaker system beats a large projection screen any day of the week. Once you go OLED you don't go back