3D
CommunityNEWNew ReleasesTop Rentals3D Blu-ray4K UltraHDBuy UsedComing SoonSubscription PlansEntire Collection
Communityβ€ΊCommunity Pollsβ€ΊFor the ultimate home theater, which would you choose?
Community Poll

For the ultimate home theater, which would you choose?

Jay3BRβ€’Aug 28, 2026
Loading Community stats...
Poll Summary
πŸ—³οΈ 96 VotesπŸ’¬ 31 CommentsπŸ‘ 3 LikesπŸ‘ 624 Views
πŸ† Earn Community Points: Qualifying comments of at least 10 words earn 5 points each, up to 50 comment points per poll, per month.
Cast Your Vote
Projector + Large Screen
45%
Large OLED / Flat-Screen TV
55%
96 votes total

Comments (31)

↓ Jump to Latest Comment
UH
UHDfanβ€’Sep 21, 2026, 1:21 AM
Loading Community stats...
πŸ—³οΈ Voted: Projector + Large Screen
If we are talking ultimate, no budget limit, then an extremely high end projector would be best. At least a 200 inch screen 21:9. Though I am warming up to the idea of some of the high end 115" tvs. Wouldn't even have to be OLED.
CO
Community Memberβ€’Sep 21, 2026, 6:53 PM
Loading Community stats...
πŸ—³οΈ Voted: Projector + Large Screen
"If you have the room and budget, you won't beat the experience of an in-home theatre. 4k laser and impressive Atmos playback is a treat. Better than many theatres. I blew an absurd amount of scratch on mine and I have a hard time leaving the room! Needless to say, I rent a ton of discs on here! LOL, hope you don't mind me asking. What was the budget 😊?" It tallied up to a little over $20k in all. That includes (in addition to the electronics and loudspeakers) all the construction materials, paint, lighting fixtures, and theatre seating. It will get out of control quickly. I built it out myself so saved a bunch there. There are dudes spending six figures on theirs, so mine is modest.
AN
AndrewTOneβ€’Sep 26, 2026, 5:19 AM
Loading Community stats...
πŸ—³οΈ Voted: Large OLED / Flat-Screen TV
QD-OLED is where it’s at right now, the black levels of OLED paired with the pop of HDR (Dolby Vision). Sounds just as important though, even movies on DVD can carry impressive sound when played on a compatible system.
Roopertβ€’Sep 28, 2026, 10:54 PM
Loading Community stats...
πŸ—³οΈ Voted: Projector + Large Screen
Projector because to get the real movie experience, the image has to be super large.
PH
photomeisterβ€’Oct 6, 2026, 4:32 AM
Loading Community stats...
πŸ—³οΈ Voted: Large OLED / Flat-Screen TV
I prefer the clarity of the OLED screen, but ultimately it would depend on whether I could get a 3D product at the time of my purchase. I have two 3D tvs now, and quite a few 3D movies, so I dread the thought of losing that entertainment option.
CO
Community Memberβ€’Oct 7, 2026, 8:49 PM
Loading Community stats...
πŸ—³οΈ Voted: Large OLED / Flat-Screen TV
I have had a 1080p projector for over 20 years long before 65" plus screens got so cheap and lite and the flat screen beats by a mile because the environment lighting and time of day is so much a factor for picture quality, I prefer some light while watching.
Page 2 of 2
← PreviousNext β†’

Comment on This Poll

Sign in to comment on this poll.