Community Poll
Why Do You Still Choose Blu-ray/4K Discs?
Streaming may be convenient, but physical media isn’t going anywhere for many movie fans. What’s the biggest reason you still choose discs?
Loading Community stats...
Poll Summary
🗳️ 35 Votes💬 15 Comments👍 1 Likes👁 234 Views
🏆 Earn Community Points: Qualifying comments of at least 10 words earn 5 points each, up to 50 comment points per poll, per month.
Cast Your Vote
Better picture & sound quality
Movies/shows unavailable on streaming
Tired of streaming services
Limited or unreliable high-speed internet
Other — Tell us in the comments!
35 votes total
TO
Loading Community stats...
🗳️ Voted: Better picture & sound quality
The picture and sound quality is way better. It is night and day with the higher bit rate from physical media and you get true dolby atmos not DD+ compressed Atmos.
CO
Community Member•Sep 8, 2026, 4:38 PM
Loading Community stats...
🗳️ Voted: Better picture & sound quality
Full HD audio from disks are a must for me : )
Streaming audio is not in the same league, especially with some Dolby Atmos tracks, and even the TrueHD and Dolby DTS.
Just doesn't hit the same.
Loading Community stats...
🗳️ Voted: I like owning my movies
I enjoy the sense of ownership no matter the format. I don't like the idea of giving up all control to any streaming platform. Besides, you never know when a movie title will disappear or be censored/edited.
IL
Loading Community stats...
🗳️ Voted: Better picture & sound quality
i rent 4 k also
the pic and sound is great
i only use my tv speakers for sound dolby atmos it is great
WU
wuhq•Sep 11, 2026, 9:14 AM Loading Community stats...
🗳️ Voted: I like owning my movies
A bit frustrating all the movies coming out that are straight to streaming and never get a disc release. I can’t help but wonder if the streaming company dies out, the media might become lost forever without proper ownership.
Loading Community stats...
🗳️ Voted: Tired of streaming services
ooh for me its almost a tie between streaming fatigue an the boost in video quality. I feel beaten down every time I use a streaming service like im settling for something to tide over time. while a rental or purchase is my choice an is an event I look forward to, the boost in fidelity from disc is the undeniable proof I am being lazy when i choose stream, plus i like nerdy stuff. So much more interesting to go physical media an trying to get the best picture an audio I can, even on a budget tbh streaming services just keep going up in price 2. I think i get more out of renting and owning, even normal bluray has better bitrate then streaming XD
IL
Loading Community stats...
🗳️ Voted: Better picture & sound quality
4 k dvds are the best sound and picture is unreal
i see a difference when i watch bly ray dvds
CO
Community Member•Sep 20, 2026, 3:04 PM
Loading Community stats...
🗳️ Voted: Better picture & sound quality
For me it's all about the audio and visual experience. There's also something so satisfying about putting the disc into my blu-ray player
Loading Community stats...
🗳️ Voted: Better picture & sound quality
"For me it's all about the audio and visual experience. There's also something so satisfying about putting the disc into my blu-ray player"
Love that and completely agree. Like putting in the old cartridges for the Nintendo 😊
UH
Loading Community stats...
🗳️ Voted: Better picture & sound quality
It's silly that people buy expensive tvs and only watch garbage quality video. 4K blu ray, and even regular blu ray, is the standard.
Loading Community stats...
🗳️ Voted: Movies/shows unavailable on streaming
For years I've gotten tired of the major streaming services carrying, then removing, many of my favorite films and TV shows. And there are tons of titles they'll never carry because they're just not as popular.
Loading Community stats...
🗳️ Voted: Movies/shows unavailable on streaming
Better picture & sound quality have been the long standing main reason, but over the years the frustration with streaming licensing battles have worn me down. It's not about who has it, I'm finding more often it's no one has it. Sometimes it's not even for sale anymore.
I'll also add that sometimes with older TV shows, they have it on streaming but with different music or missing episodes. Discs are the only way to experience it as intended at home. Unless it's from Mill Creek Entertainment, in which case you might as well be watching a YouTube cam rip with 4.0 channel audio that's really just mono.
AN
Loading Community stats...
🗳️ Voted: Movies/shows unavailable on streaming
Both directors / cast commentaries & special features and titles unavailable on streaming at all, unavailable on streaming in 4K UHD / HD, or something I’ve passed on streaming many times and need the push of a physical disc to make myself watch it.
JE
Loading Community stats...
🗳️ Voted: Better picture & sound quality
No doubt about the superior quality of 4K...but I also love the extras! The additional features of a disc provide so much context and color; and often help me better understand (or fully understand!) the intent of the creators.
Loading Community stats...
🗳️ Voted: Better picture & sound quality
Better picture and sound for sure is number 1, but what actually pushed my away from streaming is that most good movies are not included in streaming services and so you still have to pay a rental fee regardless.